Saturday, October 3, 2009

Like virgin vinyl, in bed.

So I got my records out and they are completely fine. I woke up in the AM the next day to look through the shed and they weren't there. My mom told me she actually didn't move them, they were in the back of our walk in closet. Thank the unholy gods. Anyway, I gave my record player away to someone who I thought might appreciate it more than I did at the time, they probably still do. It was more of an incentive to buy a new one and that I did. 50 bucks for a brand new one that ISN'T manual. It was a steal deal. My dad bought a system at a garage sale for 20 bucks and I'm currently using that, it sounds great. I've haven't been this happy in a long time. I'm sitting here looking out the window and listening to vinyl, what a nice day before work.

Today is the last day unbroken will ever play again and I'm not there. I'm very sad to not be there, but at the same time I have had my time with them in May. It was one of the best times of my life, no one will ever know that feeling. So in honor of not seeing them tonight I watched their short chapter on the Indecision DVD and have listened to the limited vinyl they had at their shows this past may. It's great. I texted Steve to wish him a happy show and my best wishes are with the rest of the guys. I'm stuck here, but it's not so bad.

Band practice tonight. A nice fix of Distortion should do the trick.







No comments: