Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I've been...busy.

I don't remember the last time I wrote here, I suppose it's a good thing when you don't have the time to sit around and think about your on line blog that nobody reads. I'm really only writing in this because I woke up this morning only to realize my leg was hurting, so that means no cycling for me, no 6 AM rides, no terrible tan lines, no climbing hills asking my self "what the fuck are you doing to your self?". None of it and I'm bummed about it.

I suppose I should catch those of you who still read this up. I've traveled a bit here and there, been riding a lot, and creating a lot. There's something in me that drives me to want to always convey how I'm feeling through music, whether it's to an audience or it's for my own listening pleasure.

I just moved in to a new place, by work, by the beach, where I'm able to hole up in my room. I never had my own room until I was about 18. Then there's this big gap where I didn't and now I'm 24 and back at that point. I think I've grown accustomed to not having my own space, so I create to allow my self that space.

COG was writing for an LP and we just recorded, I'm very proud of this record. Lyrically it is unlike any thing else I've ever done. Musically, it is an evolution and collaboration of everything else I've done. I really am proud of this record. I have a good feeling about it. I don't see us headlining the main stage at any of your big fests any time soon but I know I like it. We are self releasing this record and it may or may not be a wise idea but I won't ever feel artistically fulfilled until I release my own record. The art work is done by Thomas Hooper. I don't think I can thank him enough for his contribution and dedication to art and the underground music scene. To have someone who's art I've always admired and who's done art work for bands like Neurosis and Doomriders and many other great artists, is truly a gift.

I recently saw Tim Hecker, Pan•American, and Loscil on one of my recent travels. Seeing performance artists like that is a completely new world. It felt great to sit at a show and just close my eyes and lose my self in the music. I couldn't stop listening to TH's Harmony In Ultraviolet for a week straight after that.

I think that is all for now.


No comments: