Wednesday, May 2, 2007

IX.

I spent the past week up north in Santa Cruz. I have come to the conclusion that I want to move there, eventually. Unless things change drastically down here, I will move to Santa Cruz once 7 Generations is done. I'm sure some friends will be heart broken, but I don't think I can live here much longer. The day I came back I was stressed out, again. The previous whole week I was completely fine. It was truly an awesome experience. I left via Greyhound, early Saturday morning and made it into town at noon. The bus ride up was interesting, considering I was in a bus full of a bunch of randoms on a really long trip. It's not something I've done, or am used to. We had a layover in San Jose that was like 2 hours long which we spent playing Tekken 5. I really need to work on my skills on that game, I used to be really good when I was younger.

While I was in Santa Cruz I walked to the Wharf everyday (everyone calls it the wharf...I called it the pier) and looked out into the Pacific Ocean. I did that almost every morning. It was just nice to get away and have some alone time. I spent most of my days with friends, eating free food, listening to music on the porch, walking around town, and other things. I noticed that I am very different from most of the vegan straightedge kids up there. It's funny to see that we are all involved in the same things, but we look the exact opposite. Although I will admit, most of those kids are more involved than I am. I just have a really big problem with being social in those kind of settings. I love and hate the sense of community that the town house. I think the part of me that hates it is the "I'm so used to being in my room, mind your own business" part of me. Either way, I love all of my friends up there. I can't wait to go back in 3 weeks.

There's so much other stuff I can write but I don't think this is the time or place to discuss this. I'll end this post...now.

"The world is full of crashing bores."

No comments: