Wednesday, April 18, 2007

VIII.

So I decided that my job isn't working out and I put in my...3 day notice yesterday. Tomorrow's my last day. As much as I'm excited to quit working I am not happy. At the same time I am, I am going to start going to school. I'm pretty sure I want to get my credentials to become a elementary school teacher. The idea of taking graphic design classes popped around in my head but I think it's about time I start to think about my "future". I like working with kids and if I ever got the urge to I would want to be a counselor for children. I think I should take small steps first. My aunt was an elementary school teacher, so she can give me advice on how to go about going to school for that.

Yesterday, as I was clocking out this little girls mom came up to me and told me she was sad about me leaving. We started talking about what I'm going to do in the future and all that stuff...and then we talked about her past and then she asked me if my tattoo was a reference to Morrissey and I almost cried. I was so excited and then we started talking about Morrissey and The Smiths. She then somehow brought up straightedge and I got even more excited. It was awesome. I guess she was into punk and stuff when she was younger. Sadly she isn't that into The Smiths anymore but it was nice talking to someone that old about stuff like that. Especially someone totally random and someone who I'd never expect to be like that.

It just hit me that I doubt people read this...and I feel like I'm talking to myself. I know a very select few read this. I don't really post so others can read. I post for my own enjoyment, I suppose.

On another note, the possibility of me moving has become a reality again. It kind of sucks, but for some reason now I'm semi ok with it. I have ways of getting around. I still don't know if I'm going to move with my parents or try and find a place here. I like it here, but at the same time I feel like I need something new for awhile.

Santa Barbara this weekend. I'm kind of excited to see some friends and go to a show. I haven't been to a show in months, it's kind of depressing. I'm also excited to sit in a car for a long time, I like doing that. I want to tour. Technically in May we're doing a short weekend tour. Santa Cruz on Saturday and Gilman on Sunday. Those should be a couple fun shows. I hope all goes well.

I don't think I'm going to make a playlist, cause really all I've been listening to since Monday is Minus The Bear and Jets to Brazil.

"The lowlife has lost its appeal."

-XadrianX

No comments: