Monday, January 7, 2008

Day 9/Fin.

Well, tour ended two days ago. I've just been semi busy since I've got home picking up where I left off. I'll recap the last days.

Since I last wrote in this, I was laying down on the back bench of the van, half asleep. I fell asleep very shortly after having typed that. I woke up through out random times in the night hearing blink 182 and no doubt being played loudly as we drove through Nevada. I then woke up about 100 miles out of Vegas. Bryan was falling asleep at 8 in the morning while driving the van, so I told him I'll drive. I drove us to vegas where we stopped at yet another vegan donut shop. To be honest, I was skeptical...but numerous and very trustworthy sources have verified that they are in fact vegan donuts. Kevan and Eric got dozens of donuts, Eric got 2 dozen and a dozen donut holes. It was perfect timing too, right in the morning and they made you feel guilty for having ate them. The donuts definitely reminded me of when I was a little kid and when I used to go to the donut shop down town with my dad to get donuts. If you're in vegas then I definitely suggest you check the place out, it's the only thing worth going to vegas for. So after our donut stop we started on our long treck to Arizona. I drove us on the Hoover damn, Thomas was way stoked on it. He even called his mom to tell her that he was driving on it. We yelled terrorist threats on it, hoping to scare people but no one paid attention...figures. After the damn it was just a lot of desert. Some how Kevan and I convinces Thomas that we drove by the Grand Canyon (he really wanted to see it) while he was asleep. We had him going for about the rest of the day. It was definitely funny to see how upset he was...even though the closest we would get to it would be 200 miles away.

We got into Arizona around three and we went to 7Jens house to pick her up. She was our guide for the night. She showed us the way to American Apperal and Green, the restaurant (which is overrated). I got a new jacket at American Apperal which was nice and I got a small bowl which was disappointing, at Green. We then went to the house where the show was going to be. We hung around for awhile and sat in the random room that was playing the original "dawn of the dead" movie. I'm always up for watching zombie movies. Eventually people got there and I saw old friends. The show started with two openers then us and then a closer. Our set seemed to be the most well received, from what I could tell. I wasn't really paying attention to other bands, having to work stuff out with the guys. Anyways, thanks to the great man, John o'Hagen we made enough money to buy gas for us and then some, that meant no more paying gas out of our own pockets. After the show we went on a crazy adventure to find this really sketchy burrito place. It happened to be the place where I first ate at my first time touring to Arizona. I didn't get anything. We then went to 7Jens friends house (whos name escapes me at the moment) and stayed the night there. She had a nice apartment and she was nice as well. I woke up at 6 and showered and got dressed and woke people up. We were off to home, a 5 hour drive on the 8 down to san diego then back up through orange county to drop me off.

All in all the tour was bitter sweet. I met some nice people who have probably forgotten about me already. Now I'm sitting in my room writing this at 2 a.m. not being able to sleep because there's too much on my mind. I think this is all I have for now.


I'm all love sick for broken white lines,
XadrianX

No comments: