Sunday, March 23, 2008

The End II.

So as I lay here in a bed in Santa Cruz, I realize I never wrote an end of tour entry. I suppose every story needs an ending or every thing needs a conclusion. Where do I start?

Seattle:
We got into town and went to Sara's house. Her pit bull, blanche is possibly one of my favorite dogs ever to exist. She's a deaf, 65 pound pitbull who looks like shed kill you but is really one of the nicest dogs I have ever met. So we all rest up hours before the show and then we head to the venue. It's the same place 7 gen played on the first tour I roadied with them on. This time it seemed like no one cared though. I tend to like playing small shows, it weeds out the fakes, people who are just at shows just to go...not because they want something with substance. I'm not saying that we are the be all end all band with substance, but hardcore these days is quite boring.
We played the show, we went to Cyber Dogs I ate entirely too much and then we headed home. Chris came in in the morning and told us that his mom booked him a plane ticket and that he'd be leaving at 5:00 that day. I was upset, the second time he's done this to us and me. I couldn't stop him though. People do what they want to do. And I'll never stop them.
The rest of the day was spent being frustrated/depressed/any emotion but happy. We ate Aryas, we went to mighty - o's. We went to singles going steady which was a let down again, I guess they got new management and the old owner took all the good records with him, it was obvious. We went back to the house where I spent the rest of the night just hanging out. I didn't want to be around anyone, I just wanted to listen to music and that's all.
The next morning we woke up and went to mighty o. I got a dozen donuts to share with someone and I was excited to show them how awesome these donuts taste. After mighty o we decide to go to wayward. Let me just say...I'll never go there again. The quality has decreased so much it wasn't even the same place. Definitely disappointed. After wayward we made the long trek to Redding where wed be greeted with amazing food for the second time around and good friends for the night. The day of driving was exactly that, a day of driving. Nothing more, nothing less.
Friday morning rolled around, the last day of tour and we were without our singer. I couldn't even stand the thought of how terrible this show could be. We made our way to Gilman and we get there 3 hours before everyone so we have time to hang out and sleep or eat. Finally show time rolls around and people start coming. It wasn't a packed show but it wasn't small either. The bands that played were pretty rad. Dukes up!, the separation, abhf were all fun to watch. Finally our set was next and I was nervous. Surprisingly people were having fun and singing along...then we played our new song as an instrumental...we liked it so much that we decided we didn't need words for it. The song was going fine and we were at the very end of it...then kevan smacked his guitar right into his knee and popped it out of place. He was carried into the office and then some very kind souls offered to take him to the hospital. I go with them. We stayed in the E.R. For two hours or so. And then we drive to santa cruz.
I woke up at 12. P.m. The latest I'd ever slept in. We go and eat Dharmas...it was good. After that we walked the down town area, there was nothing there for us. We're two recluses just wanting to lay in bed and watch movies...so that's we did. Literally all we did. It was nice.

Now it's the second day after tour and I'm still in bed, in santa cruz. I love this place. Sometimes I never want to leave.

The good life is out there somewhere,
XadrianX

1 comment:

SBTVD said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.http://sbtvd.blogspot.com/