Saturday, March 15, 2008

I woke up at 6:45 in a some what excited mood. Like when I was a little kid the morning of going to disney land. I took a shower and started packing my things up. I woke up a.j. Cause he spent the night. It's kind of strange cause I haven't had someone spend the night in years, Literally since I was about 6. I prepped, did my thing and went skating to my truck. I love skating, I really need to get into it again. Anyway, we then went to Farm to Market and picked up trail mix and kombucha...see this always happens, I decide I want to be healthy on tour...but I never eat healthy. We got to chris's house at 9. An hour earlier than we were supposed to. We then got a call saying that Kevan showed up an hour later then he was supposed to. I was pretty irritated, but really what could I have done.
The men finally show up and then it's load in time. We start loading up and everything starts building up and I start hating everything even more. And I tell myself that this is tour and I better get used to it.
Eventually we're on the road, on our way to santa barbara. The van set up is pretty nice. I'm sitting in a chair. I can't sit on the floor cause I'd get car sick and I can't sit facing back wards cause I'd get sick. So I'm kind of the dude who needs to be sitting down. Anyway the drive wasn't that bad. I think our van might break down, but it wouldn't be tour without a break down.
We get to santa barbara and we go to a place called pizza guru, pretty good pizza. I ate 12 slices. Fuck.

Anyway, we get to the show and it's the same venue I played with Restrained, the same owner and all. Except this time he said he's going vegan, and he's going to try and get his whole family to go vegan after seeing the meet your meat and "earthlings" videos we were playing at the last Restrained show there. I was pretty flattered and stoked to hear him say that.
The show started with a band called White god, they were really nice guys and I was excited to see a 2 piece band. After white god a local band from south orange county who has now moved to Santa Barbara played. They were kind enough to flatter us during their set.
Then our tour mates A Better Hope Foundation played. They get better everytime I see them. I'm excited we get to share the van with them and shows with them. This is definitely a cool experience, for both of us. I enjoy watching bands we tour with because it's funny to see how two different personalities (or so it seems like) can come from individuals. I'd like to think I'm the same person on stage as I am hanging around. But no one really knows that, cause I don't hang out.
Our set was fun. Their were kids singing along and it sounded pretty good, it's all I can ask for.
After we loaded up and went to our friend Tosh's house. Him, his sister sarah, and little brother taylor live there with their mom who happens to be a vegan baker. They are the nicest family ever. I stayed in the van with Justin, sina and kevan. We have a mattress on the floor so it was comfortable enough for me to not be grumpy.
I woke up at 7 and went into the house and showered and did my hair. Everyone woke up and we just hung out. Allan, our good friend in who used to be in Gather asked us if wed like to do an interview between each member of the band and we all agreed. He took us into a room and we all talked about the new album and the song writng, politics, etc. I tend to have a hard time speaking, but I like interviews.
After the interview we packed up and we're now on our way to Santa Cruz, my favorite town other then San Juan. Tonights show should be fun, but I won't promise my self anything.

Sincerely mine,
XadrianX

No comments: