Monday, March 17, 2008

Untitled II.

No update yesterday. Quick recap on the weekend.
On our way to Santa Cruz our alternater broke and we had to get a new one. That was a total of 100 or something dollars. We hung out infront of the auto parts store while Matt from ABHF installed it for us. Thank god for car savvy gentlemen. Anyway, we got there just in time to catch touche amore's last 2 songs. That band is awesome. After them that band Maladie from Tijuana played. They were pretty good. After that Dukes up! Played and I always enjoy heckling them. I'm stoked they didn't open the show cause they always open shows. After that ABHF played. And as I expected, people stood around, granted they are a first time band on tour and it was their first show in Santa Cruz, I didn't expect the most enthusiastic crowd response. After them Baader brains played, I enjoy bands with gimicks but I think they definitely took away from the momentum of the show. Either way, it was rad seeing the drummer of struggle still doing D.I.Y. Punk/postpunk whatever stuff.
After that we played. The set was fun. I got pictures taken a million times. I'm a closet narcissist, sue me.
After the show we packed up, I offended a raw girl cause I was mocking typical idiots who make fun of raw/vegans. Some people have no sense of humor, it truly annoys me.
We met at Saturn with a bunch of people, saw a bunch of old faces, met a bunch of new ones whom I'll forget, as I'm sure they'll forget mine. I put morrissey on the juke box, it was enjoyable. I drove in a car with someone I just met to their house, cause we were staying there. I'm not much of a talker, it's sad sometimes. We get to their house and meet their cats. I was very stoked that the house we stayed in was clean/er than most. Everyone came, everyone talked, everyone left or went to sleep. I stayed in the house instead of the van. My throat was hurting me.
I went to sleep at 7 in the morning and woke up at 8. I was groggy and my throat still hurt.
I wrote a thank you note and we left. We picked up Chris then went down town to the record store and American Apperal. I got an ink & dagger 7 inch, fugazi 7 inch, smiths - panic single 12inch, and I know there's another 7inch somewhere in there. After the record store I decided I wanted to go to American Apperal and get a new shirt for friday nights show at Gilman.
We left town around noon and were off to Redding. Eventually Redding was gotten to. It's a small town. I needed a beanie, so I picked up a Nascar beanie. We got to the Rec. Center and we saw Ben. I enjoy that fine young man so much, he's always treated me so well and has never given me a reason to think he'd do otherwise. The show started and the turn out was better than we all expect. ABHF's set was the most well received. They definitely won some people over in Redding and I'm happy for them. After that, the Separation played. They get better every time I see them and I enjoy seeing them every time. They've got a good sound and a good message.
We played after them. The set was o.k. It was a chance to play and I always enjoy playing, some more than others, but it was ok. After our set I went out for a walk. I came back and we were off to "thunderdome", where Ben lives. The Redding kids cooked us food. Their hospitality makes me have a little more faith in the world. Everyone went to sleep. I woke up at 6, showered, did my hair and now we're on our way to Portland.

This post is boring, there's a thousand other things going through my mind at the moment and writing in this thing is the only thing that's keeping me somewhat sane.

Viva Hate,
XadrianX

No comments: