Monday, August 17, 2009

Fact over fiction.

I haven't had much time/desire to write, sorry. I started off naive and idealistic (dont we all?); thinking I was going to write in this every day. Something in me snapped. I wanted to stop looking at things as something "blogworthy" and instead take them in mentally and keep some of those things as my own, in that moment and not taint them with words that could not even come close to capturing the things I saw or feelings I had while seeing these things...to tell you the truth nothing that exciting has happened, it's just a matter of trying to stay disconnected.

Now I'm writing this in the Czech republic as everyone around me sleeps (snores) and I lie awake with no desire/need to sleep. Natural coffee kicks in around midnight here (4 in the U.S.) I might just sleep in the van tomorrow on our drive to Slovakia. It's 3 am here...now maybe 4, but again; no desire to sleep.

The show tonight was small and intimate, I like shows like that. I'd prefer 5 people staring at me playing guitar than 30. The room was small and the hosts were great. We got into town around 6 and ate noodles (straying away from the traditional European bread meals) with fake meat sauce. Gas station food and left over bread from previous shows doesn't always cut it, so I look forward to my only meal a day.

The tour has been going somewhat smoothly, we have about 11 more shows left and then we're off to Rome to hang out for 5 days. I fly home on the 4th. When I get home I just want to take a long nap. Don't bother calling, writing, emailing, myspacing, whatever it is you do, don't do it.

After my somewhat desirable rest I will continue working on a project that a friend and I have been brainstorming for the past few months. It requires distortion, it requires anger, it requires pain, it requires suffering. I'm sure you know what it is. I promise you, this will be good. I'm putting everything I have into this next project. I make the rules. I break them.

I will leave you with an aesthetic clue:

2 comments:

xshawnx said...

I am enjoying the updates you've posted on here, but yes, don't worry about blogging your experiences. The internet is nothing but a crashing bore.

Also, looking forward to seeing you in the fall and looking forward to your new project. That description alone makes me want to hear it asap.

H O L Y G V L T said...

A Caresse is just a touch,
and you touched my heart, and now that we're together
you and I will never part.