Friday, December 28, 2007

Day 3.

Right now I'm laying down in the loft of the van, listening to Isis. Today was a pretty good day. I woke up early and Kevan, Eric, and I went grocery shopping. It was a near humbling experience, but it was worth it. I got a call from my mom crying, telling me that they took my brother away to jail. I calmed her down though, I explained to her that we both knew it was going to happen eventually...and maybe that it might straighten him out. I don't believe in the social justice system at all....however in this case I do believe that it might humble my brother...if not just erase his warrents. Anyway, that was hard to deal with. Knowing my mom is so sad about the situation with my brother and me being far from home. But life must go on, unfortunately.

We got home and waited for everyone to get ready. The girl who's house we stayed at told us to come to her work so she can hook us up with food. On tour you have to eat every chance you get, you never know when you're going to eat next. Anyway, on our way over to San jose we decide to start a nice friendly van war. So I told Eric to go put Orange juice on their windshield, which he did. We knew very well what we were getting our selves into, but we decided to persue the mission anyway. They quickly retaliated with vitamin water on our windshield. That wasn't so bad. So on our way to san jose we were discussing our plans for future attacks, and immediately the idea of shitting on their van came up, I was all for it but we decided it was wayy to soon so we didn't attack them. So anway, we all pull into the parking lot and every thing is fine, then they decided to throw fire works at my feet, which I can take. I didn't mind it. So we all went into good karma, I didn't get anything. People just gave me their left overs..and that was satisfying enough. Then I decide to get revenge by leaving before everybody and going into our van and getting my day old eggless egg salad and flat bread and putting it on their windshield and smushing it around. It worked, smelled disgusting and looked gross. But we were stuck in the lot so they took the bread with the left over salad and put it all over our windshield. I immediately backfired with a coke all over their windshield. Then I declared it was time to take it to the next level. I told our roadie bryan to shit in a bag and throw it at their van. Everyone disagreed, but I strongly pushed for it. So he decided to do it. Everyone was gagging and eric was hanging out the window dry heaving as he was driving so he made me switch to the drivers seat. So we pull over next to them...and eric is in the passengers seat on the verge of vomiting..and their bassist harry comes up and asks what's wrong, we were all laughing and just said nothing. So he goes back to their van, I don't know why they were just sitting waiting there...but Bryan decided it was time. He ran out the van with shit in his hand and wiped it literally all over the side of the van...the look of everyones face, in disgust was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. They couldn't believe what was happening to their van. Bryan took it even futher and threw the reminants of the feces into their van. It hit their roadie jack in the face and he came out with fecal matter on his face. It was possibly one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed in my entire life. They ran out of the van with hummus in hand and threw it all over the van, we didn't care. We were too busy laughing, because anything they did was nothing compared to what we did. They drove off, and we followed. We stopped at a gas stationg where they cleaned up the shit on the side of their van...and we layed some ground rules down. As soon as they were set we parted ways and headed towards oakland for the show. We got to oakland in I'd say in 2 hours. We got to Harjits house and me and kevan wanted to go to AK press, so harjit took us. We got to the warehouse and I was overwhelmed by how many books were there...so many I wanted. But I didn't really want to buy any books. Anyway, we go back to the house and hang around until show time. Harjit showed us the guitar that Far used during "water & solutions", it was definitely a highlight of my hardcore career. Anyway, motherspeed started the show and dukes up played, I'm glad they do what they do. Luis and all those guys are very nice and I enjoy seeing them when I do. The separation played before us and what can I say? They're all good guys and nice dudes, and they are heavy as hell live. I'm glad I get to spend 6 more days with those guys. We headlined, and I thought it was a fun set, except I broke a string...but whatever. We were loud so I didn't care. So after the show we loaded up and now I'm here in the van writing this long, boring entry as everyones inside lane splitters, a pizza place that has vegan friendly pizza. I've been around people too much today. So I'm hanging in the van. Tonight we're driving to Redding, where the Separation is from. Its about a 3 hour drive, and I think I'm just going to sleep the whole way. Tomorrow should be filled with more fun. But then again, I'm involved...so I doubt it can be that much fun.

That's all, my hands hurt from typing.


Truly mine,
XadrianX

No comments: