Sunday, December 30, 2007

Day 4.

Lastnight I didn't update my blog cause I was too busy watching the Indecision dvd with everyone and eating awesome food.

Yesterday started off slow, everyone woke up at noon-1ish. I woke up at 9, freezing inside the van because I was way too tired to get up with all my stuff at 4 in the morning (when we arrived to redding after the show at harjits). So me and Kevan slept in the van and woke up at 9...which is considerably late for me. We walked into the house, where bodies were lying all over the floor and we just looked around. It was a punk house, so I wasn't expecting the nicest house in the world, but it definitely worked. I got in the shower and I could barely stand how hot the water was, the north definitely has their water down. We sat around for a good half an hour talking about random stuff, such as how cold it was (20 degrees) and I looked outside and it started snowing, it was a nice thing to see once again.

Anyway, we all got ready and we headed to a thai food place, it was pretty good, I would have rather eaten a burrito, but it was good. I didn't mind. At lunch I started talking to their one guitarist, Joey who is a smiths/morrissey fan as well. He does his hair and dresses very greaseresque. I enjoy him and his funny antics. I can see myself liking him a lot more in the future. It also helped that he complimented my song writing abilities with the new 7 generations songs. He said that the first time he heard apostasy that he got chills down his spine...that is very flattering.
After lunch we went back home and watched super bad. I couldn't sit through more than half of that movie, I've seen it too many times. So we waited for Nate to come back with the jumper cables because our van battery died (the people who drove last didn't unplug the tom tom and ipod charger) so we waited around until he came. After Nate came with the jumper cables we set out on a mission to buy chains for our van, do to the snow in Oregon. We searched all over, target, k mart (they aren't extinct, but they're dead), sports authority, and then finally we decided it was do or die at walmart. Walking out with 50 pound chains is a lot easier than it seems, and a lot scarier than anything I have ever done, but it had to be done, we were limited with money and I was also not going to support some shitty company like walmart. After that we headed to the local health food store to store up for the drive we had the next day. I got some almonds and dried mango and some fruit strips. While I was buying my snapple the girl who was working the cash register asked me if I was from around the town...and I asked what gave it away, she said "no one around here is that cultured"? I asked if she was into going to shows and tht she should come and she said shed be there. After that we headed back to the house because it was close to showtime. We all got packed up and dressed and were on our way. We got to the garage that the show was being held at it was very D.I.Y. and very muddy as well. After scoping it out we decided to pull the van around from the abandoned video store that we parked in front of, to unload. There was red mud everywhere do to the rain, I almost slipped a couple of times. We loaded in and watched the first band, they were liked a punk band that practices in their garage, they weren't bad. It was freezing inside the garage, you could see your breath inside of it, even with all those people inside. I was layered with gloves and a jacket and worried I wouldn't be able to play well do to my hands being so cold. After the first band, we were up. Setting up is tedious this tour, do to the excessive amount of equipment we have...but it's worth it. Last night was the first night we decided to use the red light as a backlight with all the other lights off. It was hard to see at first but my eyes got used to it. I was very not stoked about the set, for myself. I broke a string during the second to last song...so I decided against restringing and playing and sat the rest of the set out. After us went the separation, they just get better and better each day...I'm really starting to like those guys as a band and as people (I've known their singer Ben for quite sometime), but I meant the rest of the band. After the separation Bens brothers metal band played...it was alright, not really my thing, but it wasn't unbearable. After the show we headed back to the house and sat around watching the indecision dvd. The girls (who's names escape me at the moment) cooked awesome carrots and walnuts, and awesome chicken style seitan. Then nate came home and made his signature mac&chreese. It was good. After being fed and was full me and Ben decided to hit the sack, cause we had to wake up at 5 today. And now here I am, in the van writing this at 6 a.m. In the van on the way to seattle. I said my goodbyes to people I wasn't going to see again and got in the van. We got situated and headed for the gas station...at the gas station, thomas, bryan, eric and I took apart oreos and smeared them all over the separations van...I made sure to get the drivers side window.

I think that's a decent wrap up of the day. I'm assuming no one will read this tour journal...but whatever. I'm going to try and fall asleep listening to new order.

Alone forever,
xadrianx

No comments: