Monday, September 7, 2009

Commanding views towards the inevitable.

Expect this one to be short.

After almost a year of contemplation and many more bottled up, I finally put my self out there. I made a page for some stuff I wrote. I've always been afraid of the harsh scrutiny of the internet and the critics that don't know how to be critics. Like I said, it was bound to happen...so with out any further a due here it is.

The song is about self sabotage. Losing a good thing (or a thing you think is "good"). Not much else to it.

I've been writing music since I was 12 (read: I've been writing suicide notes since I was 12). I've never been afraid to perform in front of people but I've always been nervous to try and sing to my music. I've recorded many songs and have damned many more to the pits of the apple "trash" icon. Something inside me told me to just put it out there. So...I did. I figured the world is riddled with plenty of other bullshit "artist" so why not add mine to the trash pile. I have more songs to record and many more words to put to music...but I don't expect this to flower into something more than just me recording my songs on a laptop and putting them on the world wide dread.

Good night and good luck.

P.S. New Brand New is amazing...anyone who says their "old stuff is better" is not worthy of having an opinion on music or let alone having a brain.

1 comment:

oceaned said...

you're intrepid) if someone heard me singing i would instantly faint of such an overwhelming situation)