Saturday, September 26, 2009

No where is where we are.

I'm typing this as I sit at my moms house. It's been a crazy couple days. I've been completely reclusive and I'm here cause I want to get away from everybody. Unfortunately I gave up my room to my brother and his kid so that means when I'm here I have to sleep on the couch, luckily it's comfortable.

I was JUST reminded that my records have been put out in the shed, the shed that gets hit by the blistering southern california sun all summer. I'm having a panic attack thinking about my records being warped. God, I don't know what I'm going to do if that's the case. That's records I've been collecting since I was 13 all gone. I'd probably keep them for sentimental value, but there's nothing like putting on the old Excessive force 7inch or the suedehead single. Man, I'm moving them out tomorrow morning. I'm crossing my fingers, hoping for the best.

I've decided that I am buying a camera. Photography has always been a well kept secret-passion of mine. It's everybodies, I know, but I feel like I have the artistic vision for it. I won't treat it as anything more than a hobby. Monday I will meet up with someone from craigslist (thank god for this website) and purchase a canon 20d. I'm quite familiar with the camera and I feel confident enough to edit my photos with photoshop which I am learning how to use on my own (thank god for google/youtube).

I ran in a sweat suit tonight, you know those suits that look like trash bags? Yeah, one of those, when you take them off you have to drain the sweat/water out. It's gross, but goodbye to calories. I'm in love with the thought of losing weight.

Oh yeah, I stopped by my local record store, vinyl solution to see what they have going on and to no avail I spent 50 dollars on 2 smiths records, a from ashes rise seven inch and a sugar cubes promo press for a certain someone. I miss going there and spending my parents money on "Crucial" hardcore 7 inches. To be young again.

That's about all I got for the night.

Here's what I've been listening to.

Morrissey - Southpaw grammar, Maladjusted, Vauxhall And I, and Your Arsenal remastered versions. It's like hearing him for the first time all over again.

Pick these records up...they have some extra tracks, the latter 2 are DIY remasters...you can find them on mediafire.

Mastodon - Crack The Skye, amazing god damn record. I cannot get over it.

That's really all I've been listening to, sometimes I put on Swans "love will tear us apart" ep. Good cover, better than the original in my opinion.

Goodbye.

1 comment:

oceaned said...

hope your records are all well!
photography is really great. i love to steal moment from Time, make them eternal.
this mastodon last record is really something - like they 've decided to take all the best from classic rock and put it together.
for me unbroken version is the best from about 50 covers of this song that i've heard)
i think it's natural that sometimes covers touch us more that original version. when you write a song - it's just your voice in crowd, but when you make a cover - it's always knowing that there IS someone 'out there' sharing same thoughts as you have.
when covering embrace undertow completely reinvented the meaning in 'building'. ok i''ll stop it's way too long and irrelevant as always. sorry