Saturday, September 12, 2009

Love is a life of eternal pain.

I suppose an update is due at this time.

I've been home for 8 days and it hit me hard today. I've worked twice since being back and it's nice to have income...but it's definitely not life on the road.

So far I've eaten a good amount of burritos, cooked good food (bad for your health, but good for the fat kid in you). And practiced with the new project. We have one more song to finish and then it's into the studio for a demo. This will be the first time I'll be recording bass in the studio...it should be fun. I'm really excited for the outcome of this...I'm excited to see what this turns into. I've been writing these songs for a while and I think they have my full devotion.

I watched Godfather tonight for the first time (I know, I know)...and I must say even though it is a good movie, it was kind of disappointing. It dealt more with the politics of running a mafia family. I'm all for it...but for the most part, I feel well versed in that aspect of the mafioso lifestyle. I like movies with a lot of killing. I like movies that portray the gruesome aspect of that kind of life. Regardless Pacino does a great job in that movie (like he does in almost all of his movies). Brando was also fantastic, it was sad to see the slow death of his character, he did it so well.

That's all for now. Expect to hear distortion soon.

Playlist:
Jux Thoth - S/T
Another Victim - A Portrayal of Vengeance
Jesu - Infinity (40 minute song? Yes please)
Electric Wizard - We Live
Graves At Sea - /Asunder split
Godflesh - Messiah
Brand New - Devil And God/Daisy

1 comment:

oceaned said...

so back to the bass again)