Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lower than the streets.

I haven't written on here much. I've been...busy?

I work 3 days a week and write/listen to music any time I'm not at my job. If you read this and live in the area...come get pierced.

I've been hitting the gym (I know, I hate that word too...I hate that whole sentence, actually). I run 2 miles on the treadmill and do 2 miles on the elliptical machine...then on to 10 minutes on the stationary bike. Let's say my main focus is cardio and stamina. I've got it. I feel great and I'm trying (not really) to eat better (6+ cookies today).

I also joined the world of the googlephone. This thing is fantastic...I'm not going to go on about it too much, but let's just say it's t mobiles answer to the iphone. I've been hearing rumors that Tmobile will be buying out AT&T so...maybe an Iphone is in my future? Who knows. Who cares.

Children Of God will be heading into the studio next month (hopefully?). I've been putting a lot of effort into writing the music and lyrics for this project. If this actually gets done...I will feel VERY accomplished.

Last night I went to go see the Pains of being pure at heart.


Seriously, they're the best band I've seen all year...they're so tight live and they're just extremely catchy dreampop. I've got shoegaze songs written and it's been quite some time since I've tried to get something started with that...who knows...maybe I'll try again some day. Get their new ep "Higher than the stars"...amazing 4 songs.

Here's some records I've been listening to...




Gira...that's all I have to say.




One of the most influential albums of all time for me.









One of the most influential bands of all time for me as well...Blake is pure genius. I'm glad I got to see Thorns Of Life play live at least once. Unfortunately I've heard they departed already. Too bad.




Need I say more about this record?


That's all. This was all over the place...but who cares. Hopefully next time I post I'll have distortion recorded for your ears.

No comments: