Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 12. Day 13. Day 14.

Day 12.



We played a squat in Milan, Italy after our nice little stint in the hotel. We got into the city kind of early, so we went sight seeing. It seemed like the whole city was centered around a giant cathedral, we walked around and took some pictures. Architecture has always been a mild interest of mine and the structure and effort that was put into this giant religious building did not disappoint me. Timm got in trouble for riding a giant lion statue.



We got to the squat and there was a giant Turkey walking around...being a Turkey. After a nice little walk we came back to the squat and saw that the food was ready, a giant bowl of rice...literally the biggest bowl of food I have ever seen. It was possibly the best food we've had this whole tour. I felt like I was at 7 Gen show because there was a ton of crust punks there, I'm not going to lie, I felt at home. The crowd response was great, especially for Outrage. So far Italy has probably been the best country to be in and play to.

Day 13.



We had a 6 hour drive to Kontstanz, Germany. People tend to get a little crazy once they've been sitting in a van for that long. I'd rather be doing this than sitting in an office though. Luckily James has been kind enough to let me use his camera whenever I want.

The venue we played at was a small bar and the turn out was pretty alright for a Germany show. So far the shows in Germany have been less than good...but this one made up for it. There really wasn't much to say about the show.

Day 14.

I'm typing this as I sit in the same place BSI and Verse have played. It's a little anarchist collective and again...I feel good here. I don't have much to write, except that the guy at subway that hassled me for getting someone elses cup for my own drink was an idiot. Who cares about their job that much? It's a drink.

Maybe tomorrow I'll update this thing.


Playlist:

Brand New - The Devil...
Bonnie "Prince" Billy - Lie Down In The Light
Swans - Various Failures
The Angels of Light - How I Loved You
Dinosaur JR. - Everything

1 comment:

oceaned said...

oh, i do love il duomo. i've been obsessed with this structure since reading mark twain: 'what a wonder it is! so grand, so solemn, so vast! and yet so delicate, so airy, so graceful! a very world of solid weight, and yet it seems ...a delusion of frostwork that might vanish with a breath!... they say that the cathedral of milan is second only to st. peter's at rome. i cannot understand how it can be second to anything made by human hands'