Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 6



So the show last night was a good turn out. It seems as though Europeans love the music and love watching live bands, but they don’t really mind what band it is as long as it’s live music they can have fun to. I can appreciate that. I’ve never been one to tour for money, so I don’t think it really matters if we sell merch or not. This has already been an unforgettable experience.

I’m typing this as we drive through Spain. We’re playing Bilbao tonight. I want to point out the irony of the fact that the song “Mexico” came on as we were driving through. It’s no secret that my bloodline comes from Mexico, which comes from Spain by conquest. This city is just as gorgeous as the deeper parts of Mexico. I suppose it should help that I know Spanish when we need to get around tonight. We have a night drive tonight, hopefully we all get some sleep. So far this tour has been the no sleep tour, I think our bodies are still adjusting to the time change, so we stay up late. France has treated us well. I hope I can say the same about Spain.

Tomorrow we get to go to the beach. That’s pretty crazy.

Play list so far on this tour:
City & Colour – Bring Me Your Love Demos
Swans – White Light To The Mouth of Infinity
Dinosaur Jr. – Where You Been? Dinosaur and Farm
Morrissey – Years of Refusal
New Order – Collections
Death In June – The Guilty Have No Past
Jets To Brazil – Perfecting Loneliness

No comments: